The doorstep to the temple of wisdom is a knowledge of our own ignorance - Benjamin Franklin

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

The Child is Father of the Man...

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

William Wordsworth’s poem ‘The Rainbow’ goes as follows:
My heart leaps up when I behold
A rainbow in the sky:
So was it when my life began,
So is it now I am a man,
So be it when I shall grow old
Or let me die!
The child is father of the man:
And I could wish my days to be
Bound each to each by natural piety
In her it seemed as if I was meeting my 18 year old self, though a wee bit smarter, more articulate, better informed, and more sorted than I was at that age. Having figured her out after my one-hour session with her, I found myself full of nostalgia about my magical adolescence and remembered it with tearful eyes and a choking heart.
I was a promising young girl who just needed a little guidance and a strong belief in her abilities. A few wrong choices at that time, and I was delayed by next 18 years to take the correct route to fulfill my destiny.
She, however, has in her what it takes to attain greatness in her chosen field, and I feel happy to provide her that little guidance and the strong belief in her abilities to help her fulfill her destiny without falling for degenerative detours.
Though the child is father of the man, it still needs tending and love to manifest the desired results.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your feedback is welcome