The doorstep to the temple of wisdom is a knowledge of our own ignorance - Benjamin Franklin

Monday, April 5, 2010

The Quality Consciousness


Monday, April 05, 2010
The first day I saw her at the tennis court, she looked attractive – her well-shaped body clad in good quality sportswear; her well-cut and tastefully highlighted hair; her attention-grabbing small talk with our Tennis coach on the highlights of the previous day’s Grand Slam tennis match; everything about her reflected good quality consciousness.
She came with her son to my son’s birthday party looking her best. I introduced her to my friends as ‘my tennis buddy’. She told them that though I had joined the tennis academy much later than her, I picked up the game really well. I could once again sense her consciousness about the quality things happening around her.
At the court, while taking short breathers between the play, I gathered that she studied English Literature for her Master’s degree, and is currently pursuing MBA from a renowned institute. No wonder, her good-natured short remarks reflect a cool combination of sharp humor and well-informed intellect.
A steadily increasing number of beginners at the tennis court was eating into the time and attention that each individual player got from the coach. She started talking with her fellow players about taking up the matter with the coach, and did actually make him conscious about the effect that the growing crowd was having on the quality of coaching we received.
The other day, she expressed to me her willingness to take personal coaching for a month in order to be able to practice repeatedly the strokes under the coach’s guidance, and thereafter, join the regular group. I am sure that behind her funny motto – I like to win, by hook or by crook, lies hidden the real mantra – Strive for Excellence, and Success will follow. 

1 comment:

  1. wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo. i m touched . dear friend . keep writing .

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback is welcome