The doorstep to the temple of wisdom is a knowledge of our own ignorance - Benjamin Franklin

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Salman Khan - The Enigma

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Nothing ever could make me hate Salman. His indifferent performances in a string of look-alike movies; his mechanical showing-off of his body; his seemingly mindless squabbles with his fellow actors; his violently possessive nature; even his tragic involvement in a car accident – the weight of his negatives sure numbed my mind towards him, but still, I couldn’t bring myself to dislike him.

I had cried inconsolably with him in the movie Hum dil de chuke sanam, and knew from that moment that I was very similar to him. His conversation with his father’s spirit in the last scene of the movie broke open the floodgates of my lonely eyes, and I have since learnt the therapeutic use of crying out one’s deep-set hurts and loneliness.

I recently watched Veer, the brainchild of Salman, and could clearly understand the real person that he is behind the entrapping of super-stardom.

The following dialogues reflect the values that have shaped the consciousness of the man whose way of life and actions make him an enigma –

Princess Yashodhara asks Veer, “If you had to choose between your father and me, whom would you choose?”
Veer thinks for a moment and says, “I would choose the truth. My loyalty would be for the one who is truthful.”
Yashodhara then asks, “Everyone supports a just and truthful father, but when the father is wrong, should one support him or abandon him?”
Veer replies, “When the father is wrong, he should neither be supported nor abandoned. He should be helped to discover what is right.”

Salman, just like Veer, is a man who lives by Truth, Goodness, and Beauty (Satyam Shivam Sundaram). His values and his love for his family make him a very endearing human who is not a perfect person, but whose path to perfection is guided by the right virtues. May God bless him!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your feedback is welcome