The doorstep to the temple of wisdom is a knowledge of our own ignorance - Benjamin Franklin

Monday, February 22, 2010

Sparks of Brilliance


Monday, February 22, 2010
I had to literally usher my husband to make him read my very first Blog. He is a self-confessed recluse in the world of intellectuals, and always fights tooth and nail to avoid getting involved in anything having the slightest hint of abstract thinking. I, nevertheless, make it a point to drag him into the conceptual world with me whenever I happen to visit it.
I urged him to read aloud my Blog so that I could detect any awkward sounding phraseology in it. He started reading it in his crisp voice, and seemed to have carried on with the reading without once pausing for breath. My ears were pining on the sound of his voice while my eyes scanned his face. He was quiet for some time after having finished reading. I waited patiently for his comments.  With seriousness resting on his face, he said, “You won’t believe me if I told you how I felt while reading your blog.” His statement seemed quite dramatic to me and holding on to my stoicism, I prompted him to clear his chest of whatever he held there. He said, “Would you believe me if I told you that this is one of the best stuffs that have passed before my eyes!” I said with non-chalance, “This shows that much hasn’t really passed before your eyes.” He ignored the quip, and said in definite tone that the blog had all the ingredients of greatness. I sat breathless for some time slowly absorbing the shockwaves that his feedback had sent my way. He then advised me to term it as ‘The Prelude’ to the series of blogs that I planned to write under the title ‘One Day of Conscious Living’. I saw the big sense that the proposed sub-title made, and accepted it instantly.  
One day, after coming back from office, he came up with a suggestion for my core service area i.e. Counseling. He suggested that instead of waiting for the troubled souls to knock at the doors of my Soul Counsel office, I should offer my services to schools as the Counselor who can help identify strengths and talents of school children, thus acquainting them with their hidden capabilities.  I felt fortunate to have a ‘Counselor’ who could counsel the Counselor in me.
Yesterday, I received a mail from my website designer asking me if I still wanted some changes in my website. I, once again, turned towards my very own ‘Counselor’ to have a look at my site and suggest some improvements. He, after much persuasion from me, sat down to review my website, and started talking like a hard-core Software Consultant that he is. His suggestions, if implemented properly, are such as can bring to life my static looking website.
I have always thought of him as someone whose pure potentiality is but a puff of air away. The moment you stir his ashen appearance, sparks of brilliance start flying all around.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your feedback is welcome