The doorstep to the temple of wisdom is a knowledge of our own ignorance - Benjamin Franklin

Monday, February 15, 2010

Books as Gifts

Sunday, February 14, 2010



Today I was invited with my two kids to the birthday party of a friend’s daughter. We took a thick book of '365 Fairy Tales' as our gift for the seven year old birthday girl. We had a gala time at the party. My kids’ joy knew no bounds when they removed the gift wraps around their return gifts – my daughter Meera had received a brightly colored graphic novel named ‘Meera Bai’ and my son Dhruv, though got the book named ‘Karna’, was excited to discover that someone else got the book named after him ie ‘Dhruva’.


The importance of giving and receiving books as gifts was stressed upon by my Papa who came to meet us in Pune with some very useful books as gifts for my husband and me. He had rightly said that a good book can change our lives forever, and thus deserves the place of honor in the ‘giftlist’.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your feedback is welcome