The doorstep to the temple of wisdom is a knowledge of our own ignorance - Benjamin Franklin

Saturday, March 27, 2010

The Somnath Temple

                                                                                             Photographed by Shalini Goel
Monday, March 29, 2010
The first time I had the full view of the Somnath Temple, my eyes became still, slowly drinking the beauty and grandeur of the Chalukyan architecture of the temple. The rhythmical beating of the drums and the bells at the evening and the morning Aarti inside the Sanctum Sanctorum made me sway in ecstasy, and for a moment, I found myself merging with the infinite. I lingered in the sea-facing gardens of the temple and found myself gazing across the oceanic waters at the Antarctica. I sure felt endowed with limitless power in the corridors of ‘The Shrine Eternal’.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Your feedback is welcome